Monday, January 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Rolo Cookies

I have to thank Melissa Fletcher for this wonderful idea :) (who got the idea from a little old lady in the checkout lane, so thanks to her too)

 These are so delicious... and so simple too! I used Betty Crockers peanut butter cookie dough mix, because I did not feel like making it from scratch, but you could just as easily make your own homeade peanut butter dough. Might taste better! And healthier! But more dishes and time.. so I took the easy way out :)

 I prepared the dough following the directions on the package (added egg, oil, and water) (I was making them for a party so used two packages)
At first I used a wooden spoon to stir the dough.. but It seemed really wet and not mixed well... even though I stirred it like a madwoman... so I got out the blender, and it GREATLY improved in texture...
Then I put some dough in my hand, flattened it a little bit, placed a rolo in the middle.. and rolled the dough around it so I could no longer see any of the rolo.
After rolling out all my cookies, I baked them according to the package directions. In my case this happened to be at 350 degrees, for 8-11 minutes. I put two sheets in the oven for 5 minutes, then switched them (I like to switch them because if I leave one on the bottom the whole time, it always seems to brown faster than the other sheet) Then I put them in for another 4 minutes (so a total of 9 minutes) I found this time to be just right.
Keep in mind they may still be a little dough-y, this is good as they will continue to bake a little bit more outside of the oven (not TOO dough-y though!)
  Put them on a cooling rack, and once they're cool enough to touch them, enjoy their yummy gooyness!

No comments:

Post a Comment