Thursday, January 5, 2012

DIY Greenery Centerpiece

I bought this pot at a garage sale... almost a year ago! (it originally comes from target) I was driving by and saw it sitting on the table, and just had to have it! I thought it was gorgeous! So I put it on my patio (empty) and there it sat... for almost a year!!!! A few months ago I was considering making My daughter a flower costume for halloween, so I bought some greenery leaves at walmart.... but it got too hectic so she was a bumble bee instead.... (sorry this is the only image I can find...)
Then I randomly had some moss and a big styrofoam ball laying around... when I got an idea! I wanted to put a plant in it originally, but could not because it had no holes for water to drain out the bottom so the plants did not do well (I tried) So I decided a fake plant would do! I am sure you could by one the right size... but that sounded more expensive because A) I already had some greenery and B) its probably cheaper to do it the way I did. So if you are interested in doing it the way I did, heres how: So First I spray painted my ball green so the white wouldn't show through as much...
(I used the big one, I have other plans for the other balls). Then I put my ball in the pot and situated the moss around it, and some covering the ball to disguise it a little better. Next, I began poking the leaves into my styrofoam ball, situating and facing them the way I wanted. sometimes I poked a whole strand in, other times just a single leaf.
After I reached a look I was satisfyed with, I put it out on my new patio furniture!! (sorry I have yet to take the tags off, lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment