Thursday, December 15, 2011

Godfather's Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza- aka: Heaven

So I tried this recipe out last night, and LOVED it!! tasted just like Godfather's....... well... almost. But thats just because of the crust I used :)
So here is the recipe Pizza Dough * (you can make your own, or buy refridgerated dough) 1 TBSP Butter, melted ** Cinnamon Streusel: 1/2 c plus 1/3 c all purpose flour 1/3 c white sugar 1/4 c brown sugar 2 TBSP vegetable shortening 2 TBSP olive oil Icing: 1 c powdered sugar 1 TBSP milk 1/2 tsp vanilla Direction: Mix together streusel ingredients with a fork, then set aside. To make pizza, pat dough into a 12 inch pizza pan, greased. Brush with one TBSP butter.** Sprinkle cinnamon all around buttered crust. Top pizza crust with streusel mix. Bake at 450 for 8-9 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pizza.* Mix icing ingredients until they are of drizzle consistency (add more milk if needed) Whhen finished baking, top with icing in a circular pinwheel pattern. Cut and enjoy! Best served warm. *So I bought Philsbury thin crust dough. Learn from me, dont do this. I didnt care for the taste of the dough and it was too thin. I would suggest making your own, or the bashas bakery sells really good dough for $2. thats what I am going to try next time. Also, the recipes cook time, I didnt follow it I followed the dough I boughts cooking directions, Although it was done a little before that. **feel free to melt your butter, but my pizza directions were to prebake the dough 5 min before topping, if you do this too its much easier to just rub a stick of butter all over the dough until well coated

No comments:

Post a Comment