Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dresser Make-over

So I got this dresser from my mother,not in the best of condition... and an ugly color.. but hey it was free! and that is the best kind of all! (we had already taken the handles off and my huband started filling the holes in, not necesary, we were gonna put handles somewhere else, but decided against it)
So I re-did it! (i didnt paint the legs because I took them off)
I started by lightly sanding the whole dresser, not worrying about doing a whole lot cuz i was priming it. Next I primed it with a spray paint primer, because, well I am lazy and it was a lot faster! not to mention, I think it looks more "finished" I hate the look of brush strokes. Just be careful not to spray drips, etc... I found it easier to not start spraying on the project, or stop spraying on the project. but start/ end an inch or two off. and If your husband is helping you, you may have to keep reminding him of this!!!!! then I spray painted it brown, and let it dry. next? Glazing! I glazed the whole thing with black! I love glazing its so easy and gives it some texture! after the glaze dried I coated it with polyurethane!!! Perfect for my baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment