Friday, December 2, 2011

Welcome to From Thrifty To Nifty!

Hello! And welcome to my blog! Are you looking to make home decor, baby items, crafts, gifts, re-purpose items such as furniture, frames, jars, and much much more?!?! Than this blog is for you! :) Thanks for dropping by, and please bear with me while I get the hang of this whole blogging business! The reason behind "From Thrifty To Nifty": I became inspired to create a blog through pinterest actually.... Pinterest has given me a lot of inspiration for crafting, sewing, and much much more! As I began making projects I was pinning, I decided it would be a lot of fun to create a blog to blog about my creations, and give tutorials and advice on things I have been inspired to make! The reason behind the name: I love going to thrift stores. People just get rid of so much "junk" that has so much potential! (there loss, my gain!) Every time I go to the thrift store I think of tons of new things I could make! My hopes for this blog is to provide tutorials and advice from my experiences and projects, to help you make your own, and for you to be inspired to come up with your own creative ideas as well! Although I have named my blog From Thrifty To Nifty, please keep in mind it will include more than just this :) As much as I love re-purposing things I find at the thrift store/ have laying around... I also love sewing and crafting! So you will find tutorials for these types of things as well! And since I am on a budget, I will be trying to stick to the cheaper side of things! ie: next on my to-do list, Have you seen those 3-D stars at hobby lobby that hang on the wall??? Well I have been wanting one but haven't been wanting to buy one! So I am going to make one with some cardboard, mod podge, and scrapbook paper! It will be much more unique this way anyways! (one reason I enjoy making my own stuff, you won't see it in everyone else's home!) (I also enjoy cooking, so a forewarning, you may find a few cooking tutorials/ adventures now and again) Well that's all for now, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment