Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DIY burp rag

My baby boy was coming soon and I needed some burp rags for him! so I decided to make some!!!
I picked out the fabric I wanted to use and cut out two kidney shaped pieces (Just free handed it) I used a cotton material. different types will work as well, they just need to have some absorbancy. I tested this by dropping a few water droplets on my material first. Next I cut out the same shape in a very thick plain white cotton (not batting, fabric) Because it was very absorbant. I lined up all 3 pieces and stitched all along the outside about 1/2 inch seam allowance using just a straight stitch. After I clipped little slits all along the outside. this pic is before washing. After washed the outside will fray but stay put because of your seam! Looks super cute! If you prefer no frayed edges, try zig-zagging all around the edge instead of the sraight stitch with 1/2 inch seam!

No comments:

Post a Comment