Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Simple Way to Update Outdated Furniture...

So I painted this nightstand a long time ago.... and left it at that (it used to be white, but my bedroom furniture is brown)
Well, the brass handles finally got on my nerves and I decided to do something about it. unfortunately (or maybe fortunately!) my husband was at work with our car, so I could not go out and buy new handles....

However... I did have a can of black spray paint... and I didnt mind the design of the handles... just the color! So I took those handles off, spray painted them, and once they were dry I put them back on! It's amazing what such a simple task of replacing (or repainting!) the hardware on furniture can do....
Since then I have glazed this nightstand with black and it looks alot better now that it has some texture to it... but sorry I dont have any pictures as of yet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment