Wednesday, December 7, 2011

sprucing up a plain old garbage can (my first mod podge project!)

So I was super excited to use mod podge, and now I love it! I had this cheapo white garbage can in my guest bathroom, and the rest of it looks so nice, I just had to do somehting about the garbage can, as I am too cheap to go out and buy a nice one! If you chose to do this, I would suggest a straight flat edge garbage can as mine curved, which made it harder but still possible
so I cut out the right sizes I needed in scrapbook paper, and mod podged the garbage can. then put my paper on, and mod podged over the top, trying to smooth out all wrinkles and bumps, but I didnt 100% succeed....
this was my first time using mod podge and I did not realize how quickly that stuff dries!!! So it isnt perfect... but I still think its cuter! and you cant really see all the mistakes unless your looking close... and I dont think anyone will be inspecting my garbage can while using the bathroom... I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment