Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Frameless "Framed" Picture

So I bought this lovely picture of the Mesa Temple... like 6 months ago. I have never been able to find a frame to fit it (11x17)... And I had this blank canvas laying around.... then I got an idea! I spray painted the canvas black, put some mod podge in the center after it had dried, and flattened my picture in the center! (I did not mod podge over the picture as I like the finish of the actual picture, and I didn't feel it was neccesary)
A Much cheaper version would be to use something other than canvas, but I had nothing else to do with mine :) I would suggest wood, a shoe box lid, or you could build your own "canvas" by nailing four pieces of wood together and stretching fabric over them, then nailing in the back! this would allow you to find a fabric with a fun pattern rather than spray painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment